Thursday, September 8, 2016

"SO SAYS WILLY"

"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?" 
Jimmy Johnson


I read that last night. The immediate answer was "I want to take a chance and be great" but am I taking chances? You get involved in the day to day activities, you set up a schedule, workout, start a new diet and get to work on your goals. Sometimes you lose perspective of what you are doing. Can't see the whole picture if you are working from the bottom up.

As I started to write and question the things that I'm doing the answer is "yes". I'm taking a huge chance with my life. Leaving everything I have that's secure for the uncertain, for a mere chance. I'm scared to death of the possibility of wasting my time but I'm willing to risk it or else be contempt with living with regret the rest of my life.

This is the beginning of it. I'm going to be great or I'm going to fail but I'm not going to sit behind hold by my fear of knowing that there's a huge chance of going broke.


SO SAYS WILLY

INT. AN APARTMENT IN NYC - LATE NIGHT

NARRATOR
(Talks as in the 50's narrator style)
Welcome. Today's episode, as always, focuses on a social issue. This in particular might be the end of New York City's society as we know it. Today we are observing the life and daily struggles of Willy Andrew and his comrades. Willy, a boy of 35, shares an apartment with two other equally young boys of 27 and 42.

The narrator moves out of the frame and we see Luke, 35 still in his boxers in front of the television. He swipes his phone screen left every other second.

LUKE
No.. big nose.. no... small ass... no tits.. brunette.. too blonde ( and so on)

NARRATOR
Here enters subject number two, 27, handsome and with that air that the world owes him the best it has just for the fact of being born. We have named him Willy... for the sake of it.

WILLY
Nothing yet?

LUKE
Nah... I don't think I'm going out today man.

WILLY
That bad?!

LUKE
Yo! I've been looking for 10 minutes and still nothing. How hard can it be to find a suitable mate in this city?

ALVIN
I found one!

NARRATOR
We hear subject number three yell that from the kitchen. Alvin 42, balding and carrying a few too many outside meals on him. In a few minutes he will join the other two and discuss this impending issue. Dating in NYC.

CREDITS

INT. AN APARTMENT IN NYC - SAME BUT MOMENTS LATER

The three men are now seating next to each other. Looking at their phones. The narrator is in the room, unseen by them.

ALVIN
How about this one?

He shows the picture to Willy who goes through the girl's gallery.

LUKE
(Delighted)
Not bad. She looks clean, cute and intelligent.

WILLY
Total waste of time.

ALVIN
You think. Look at her.

He hands the phone over to Willy.

WILLY
She's hot. Now send her a message and you'll see.

Tossing the phone back at Luke.

LUKE
See what?

WILLY
That she's a total waste of time. It'll take you two hours to convinced her to go out tonight.

ALVIN
We can't wait for that. The others are already waiting. We either show up now or ...

Luke tosses his phone down on the coffee table.

LUKE
(Totally discouraged)
I don't think I can do this today.

NARRATOR
So hard isn't it? We'll have to leave the story here. On a cliff hanger so to speak so that we can continue tomorrow and see how things unravel for these cats. Until then folks.

The narrator walks out of frame leaving the other two trying to console Luke.

CREDITS

INT. AN APARTMENT IN NYC - KITCHEN - MINUTES LATER

The guys are dressed to impress. Looking their best but with signs of being drinking and partying for a while.

On a snapchat post with the quote "WISH YOU WERE HERE LOOSERS!" (not my typo)

Loud music is heard on the background. Willy holds the phone and flirts with the camera. Enter Luke holding a cup in his hand and dancing.

Willy pans the phone to Alvin who seems intoxicated on top of the kitchen counter.

INT. AN APARTMENT IN NYC - KITCHEN - SIX SECONDS LATER

WILLY
And that's it. Tagging ya'll and posting it!

ALVIN
(No longer intoxicated)
How did it look.

Willy replays the video.

LUKE
Nice!


The guys congratulate each other and start putting things back in order. The door bell rings.

Luke walks out of the kitchen taking his pants off and tossing them around.

LUKE(o.s)
Yo Alvin! Yo! You put in the tip?

ALVIN
Damn right I did!

Alvin and Willy chest bump each other.
BOTH
(Making battle noises)
TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Soleidy... I am interested in reading the continuation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Dennis!

      Will keep working on it.

      Delete